Welcome to Orkney Blide Trust
Mission Statement: "To promote, in partnership with other agencies, mental wellbeing in the community of Orkney through active personalised support focused on recovery, which encourages individuals to participate in, and contribute to, society on equal terms."
Our philosophy: Orkney Blide Trust's services are non-judgmental, inclusive, member-led and safe. We are guided in all we do by the themes of MEMBERSHIP:
- Membership . . . members, not "service users"
- Engagement . . . through daily activity
- Motivation . . . through challenge & enjoyment
- Belief in self . . . via team work & contribution
- Equality . . . members work "side by side" with staff as equals
- Recovery . . . a belief that recovery is possible
- Self-esteem . . . through success & contribution
- Healthy living . . . through healthy eating, physical exercise and purposeful activity
- Inclusion . . . daily meetings and participation in decision making
- Participation . . . involvement in governance and community decisions
We facilitate and encourage participation in the community as a route to recovery. We work in partnership with a range of statutory agencies and local voluntary organisations, all helping to deliver the Scottish Government's Agenda for Mental Health.